Enjoy our World of Wonders!
WHILE VISITING ZIMBABWE YOU SHOULD GAZE IN WONDERMENT AT NATURE’S MASTERPIECE – THE VICTORIA FALLS, NOW IN ITS 150 MILLIONTH FANTASTIC YEAR!
A World Heritage Site, and one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the Victoria Falls is a must-see-in-your-lifetime phenomenon. It’s the largest curtain of falling water in the world and a mile wide, about twice the size of Niagara. The legendary Zambezi River, home to a rich variety of wildlife, cascades 112-metres into a basalt gorge and nothing can prepare you for your first sight and sound of the majesty of these falls.
From Harare it’s an easy one-hour daily direct flight on an Air Zimbabwe jet to Victoria Falls, the unchallenged Adventure Capital of Africa. Here we suggest you experience the luxurious splendour of our sister hotel, The Victoria Falls Hotel, that commands the supreme location of the area, overlooking the famous bridge that links Zimbabwe and Zambia and the awe-inspiring spray of the Falls, just a short walk away at your leisure.
Whether you are an adrenaline junkie or seeking more sedate adventures there is a vast array of options that excite the senses, such as:
• Half-day or full-day rafting on the Zambezi, rated the most exhilarating in the world and including several Grade 5 rapids.
• Canoeing the upper Zambezi to enjoy the tranquillity of authentic Africa and perhaps witness several species of wildlife.
• Thrilling to the often magnificent sunsets on a gentle Zambezi River cruise
• Witnessing the awesome dimensions of the Victoria Falls aboard a helicopter – the aptly-named Flight of Angels.
• A walking tour of Victoria Falls. There are several vantage points to enjoy the sight, the sound, the spray. An experience beyond your imagination.
• Visit traditional villages, schools and clinics
• Elephant-back safaris or merely relishing a period of interaction with these majestic beasts.
• Walking with lions in the wilds – an exhilarating experience in the very early morning.
• Shopping for Zimbabwe’s famous stone and wood carvings or beautiful ethnic jewellery
• A tram or steam train journey onto the bridge to see the falls at very close range.
• Jet boating through the rapids and channels of the Zambezi to seek out the wildlife.
• Walking in the wilds with an armed professional guide.
• Gorge swings and abseiling on the magnificent Victoria Falls Batoka Gorge.
• The world’s most exciting bunji jump – a plunge of 111m off the bridge with Victoria Falls as your backdrop.